The New Year is upon us and with it comes goals to reach unbound health. With new virus variants looming, health is becoming increasingly prioritized for many. Unfortunately, shortly after beginning a health routine, most people will revert to their old ways. The reasons include setting unrealistic goals, resistance from peers and family, lack of results, and poor planning. Many people quit due to pain and many more never start due to the fear of pain.
To develop a health routine, you can stick with, a priority must be decreasing pain and preventing injury. The good news is that pain is not normal, and Max Living doctors have helped thousands of people live pain-free. You must do the work, though, and by following these steps, you will be closer to living a pain-free and healthier life.
Your Guide to Living Pain-Free:
- Schedule a consultation with a Max Living office.
- At your initial consultation, a Max Living doctor will go over your history to identify any traumas that have occurred during your lifetime. Previous traumas throughout life can result from current pain symptoms or could increase the chances of experiencing pain in the future.
- The doctor will also do a detailed postural analysis to identify any distortions in your body’s alignment.
- Most likely, a set of structural x-rays will be taken, and these x-rays will confirm the number of years the body has been out of alignment and provide a template on how to correct the spine.
- Begin a corrective plan at a Max Living office.
- After the doctor has analyzed the initial exam results and given your first corrective adjustment, they can provide you with a customized care plan to achieve spinal correction.
- The corrective plan will include the recommended number of adjustments and customized pre and post-rehab procedures to assist the adjustment.
- The plan will also include a home care kit with all the tools needed to practice spinal hygiene at home. The exercises are based on correcting the distortion patterns seen on your x-rays.
- Consume Advanced Plan Meals and Practice Fasting
- The advanced plan eating strategy is designed to decrease systemic inflammation that irritates nerve fibers and causes pain.
- Fasting induces autophagy which cleans up cellular waste and further decreases inflammation. I recommend starting with a 16:8 intermittent fasting plan, and this means you only consume food within an 8-hour window during the day.
- Limit sitting time to only 25 minutes.
- Every 25 minutes, take a break from sitting to move. Your break can be as simple as ten jumping jacks.
- Set up a standing desk for a bonus or sit on the ground to help decrease strain on the fascia network.
- Strength train
- Strengthening your muscles helps to stabilize the spine and joints to decrease pain.
- Prioritize sleep
- 6-8 hours of deep, restful sleep will help to aid recovery and prevent pain.
- Aim to not consume any food 3 hours before bed and limit screen exposure 90 minutes before bedtime.
- Take the Max Living Joint Health Bundle
- The joint health bundle from Max Living has all the ingredients your body needs to rebuild damaged joints and decrease inflammation.
You can purchase the bundle at your Max Living office or the online Max Living store.