By: Dr. Andrew Baranski
Having extra body fat is not only annoying in the mirror, but also wreaks havoc on health. Millions of Americans start diet plans and begin exercise regimens each year to shed unwanted pounds. Millions also quit within weeks as weight loss stalls and routines become daunting. Recently many people have attempted a ketogenic eating pattern to only stop once “keto-flu” symptoms arise.
The key to overcoming the hurdles of weight-loss lies within Essential 5 ™ of the Max Living Lifestyle and that is Detoxification. Our bodies have become increasingly toxic due to constant exposure from:
- Household cleaners
- Dental fillings
- Flu shots/vaccines
- Drinking water
- Air Quality
- EMFs (electromagnetic fields)
A healthy body can detoxify optimally. The body is designed with an organ system designed to eliminate waste and toxins from the body. The kidneys filter blood and produce urine, the lungs expel carbon dioxide, your intestines extract nutrients from food to excrete waste products, and your liver is the master detoxifying organ ensuring that toxins are cleared from the body. This detoxification system was not designed to be exposed to toxins at the level that humans are currently experiencing. Some symptoms of prolonged exposure include:
- Difficulty losing weight
- Brain fog
- Skin rashes and dryness
- Muscle and joint pain
- Digestive problems
- High or low blood pressure
As Mark Hyman, MD, eludes to in his book The Blood Sugar Solution 10-Day Detox Diet; “When we are toxic… the mechanism for detoxification in the liver gets sluggish, and certain toxins can remain active longer than we want or than our systems can handle…This makes us sick and impedes normal metabolism. It also causes fluid retention, bloat, and puffiness.”
We can survive weeks without food and days without water, but we cannot live in our waste without manifesting sickness and disease. So now is the time to eliminate toxins and revitalize your body’s innate detoxification systems.
Easy Steps to Detoxification
- Eliminate the toxins we are exposed to daily.
- Eat an Advanced Plan diet and increase consumption of cruciferous vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, kale, bok choy, arugula, brussels sprouts, collards, watercress, and radishes. Cruciferous plants are great for the liver and increase the synthesis of glutathione, the master antioxidant. You can also add in the Max Living Broccoli Blend for liver support.
- Support the gut for optimized nutrient extraction and waste elimination. Damage to the GI system creates problems known as “leaky gut” and dysbiosis. A “leaky gut” allows toxins to enter the bloodstream instead of being eliminated through fecal matter. Max Living has formulated the Gut Health bundle to ensure the gut is repaired and optimized. Eating foods rich in fiber also allows for mobilized toxins to be eliminated.
- Sweating is a vital detoxification mechanism. A 20-minute sauna session 3-times weekly is beneficial for detoxification. If a sauna is not available, you can get similar benefits by completing 3 Max T3 workouts a week.
- Drink plenty of clean water to assist in flushing toxins.
- The Max Living Detoxification System is the most scientifically backed detox system on the market and this is why it is a part of the Chiropractic Plus Lifetime Supplement regimen.
- Get your adjustment! The brain and nervous system are in charge of organizing all bodily functions. A subluxation is a misalignment of the spine that decreases the communication rate between the nervous system and organ systems of the body. Your body cannot detoxify if a subluxation is present, and an adjustment removes subluxation.