When it comes to our health the tendency is to focus on nutrition and exercise while we ignore our emotional and psycho-spiritual health. We repress our emotions and psychological traumas, and these stored emotions eventually unleash as poor health and chronic disease. These issues are real and by identifying these emotions early we can flip the script and improve health, reverse disease, and take a step toward our inner superhuman potential.
Stress and other negative emotions activate the sympathetic response within our brain. The brain then has a sympathetic response and adrenaline hormones are released. The lymphoid organs (bone marrow, thymus, appendix, and spleen) are innervated by nerve fibers that are sensitive to adrenaline hormones and affect the way immune cells mature. The burden that is then placed on the immune system will lead to a variety of chronic.
Emotions and Disease
Dr. Mario Martinez has identified three human archetypal wounds and has found a link between them and diseases.
- Shame manifests as a hot, humiliated , and proinflammatory phenotype. People dealing with shame due to teasing, bullying, judgement, criticism, ridicule, and guilt trips are at increased risk of auto-immune diseases.
- Betrayal due to broken promises, infidelity, abuse, and broken promises causes an angry fight-or-flight response increasing the release of adrenaline and cortisol that will lead to heart disease.
- Feelings of abandonment due to neglect, lack of support, and invisibility is hallmarked by a cold and fearful, adrenaline based fight-or-flight reaction, and is associated with cancer.
Steps to Taking Control of Emotions
- Replace honor in the place of shame, commitment in the place of abandonment, and loyalty in the place of betrayal
- Make yourself a priority and make room for expansive emotions
- Forgive yourself and others
- Keep the promises that you make to yourself
- Get wellness chiropractic adjustments to free your brain of interference and decrease the fight-or-flight response.