To live a pain-free and epic life that fulfills the God-given potential instilled within us, we must nourish our bodies with food made or raised by nature. But, unfortunately, modern culture has emphasized convenience, which has led to the consumption of manufactured, processed food ladened with damaged oils and hidden sugars that interfere with the expression of optimal health.
One of the critical elements in living a Max Living 5 Essential lifestyle is exiting conventional norms and focusing on decisions that allow for an optimized human experience. But, a common objection I hear when providing nutritional consultations with practice members involves a lack of time leading to consuming on-the-go foods. I recommend very few on-the-go foods because even options marketed as “healthy” contain sugars and damaged fats. For example, you would think a high-end grocery store like Whole Foods would have healthy choices at the salad bar, but most of the options contain life-sucking canola oil.
It is always the best option for your health and your wallet to consume meals prepared at home. Home-prepped meals allow you to know precisely what food ingredients you are consuming. Unfortunately, like many of you reading this, I do not have the time to craft a sumptuous lunch, but I do make a superfood salad daily that takes me less than 5 minutes to prepare.
- 3 handfuls of arugula
- 10 Organic Olives
- 4 artichoke hearts sliced in half
- 1 diced cucumber
- 1 celery stalk chopped
- 1 avocado
- 1 can of sardines or wild-caught salmon
- 1 handful of raw pumpkin seeds
- Apple Cider Vinegar or Coconut Vinegar
- Olive Oil or Avocado Oil
- Primal Kitchen Mustard
- Add all ingredients besides the oil, vinegar, and mustard to a large mixing bowl.
- Lightly drizzle oil, vinegar, and mustard.
- Toss and mix making sure to mash avocado and sardines/salmon.
- Optional: Top with two sliced hard-boiled eggs.